Meet our 2021 TAMEST Members to be Welcomed at TAMEST 2022 Annual Conference
Don’t miss your opportunity to meet our 2021 TAMEST Members at the TAMEST 2022 Annual Conference at the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio. TAMEST will officially welcome the 18 new members elected to national academies and other honorific organizations in 2021 at the conference’s opening reception on Monday, June 20.
From Nobel Laureates to world-renowned experts, TAMEST has welcomed more than 260 members since our organization’s inception in 2004, bringing our total number of members to 337. Of these 18 new members, 14 were elected to the National Academies in 2021, and 4 became members due to their recruitment to Texas in 2021. Meet our new members below and register for our 2022 conference today.
National Academy of Medicine:
- Samuel Achilefu, Ph.D. (NAM), Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Kendall Marvin Campbell, M.D., (NAM), Professor and Chair, Department of Family Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- Helen Elisabeth Heslop, M.D., D.Sc. (Hon) (NAM), Dan L. Duncan Chair; Director, Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College Medicine
- Anil K. Sood, M.D. (NAM), Professor and Vice Chair for Translational Research, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
National Academy of Engineering:
- Hao Huang, Ph.D. (NAE), Distinguished Adjunct Professor of Engineering, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Houston
- Joseph B. Powell, Ph.D. (NAE), Principal, ChemePD LLC; Retired Chief Scientist – Chemical Engineering, Shell International Exploration and Production Inc
- V. Sreenivasan, Ph.D. (NAE), Cockrell Family Regents Endowed Chair in Engineering #7, Walker Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Sreenivasan is the 2010 recipient of the Edith and Peter O’Donnell Award in Technology Innovation.
- Christopher J. Wiernicki (NAE), Chairman, President and CEO, American Bureau of Shipping
- Donald R. Wilton, Ph.D. (NAE), Professor Emeritus, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Houston
National Academy of Sciences:
- Joan Conaway, Ph.D. (NAS), Vice Provost and Dean of Basic Research, Cecil H. Green Distinguished Chair in Cellular and Molecular Biology, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Luiz Davidovich, Ph.D. (NAS), Research Professor, Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Anthony Di Fiore, Ph.D. (NAS), Professor and Director of the Primate Molecular Ecology and Evolution Laboratory, Department of Anthropology, The University of Texas at Austin
- Stephen A. Fuselier, Ph.D. (NAS), Executive Director, Space Science Directorate, Space Science and Engineering Division, Southwest Research Institute
- Donald W. Hilgermann, Ph.D. (NAS), Roy and Christine Sturgis Chair in Biomedical Research and Professor, Department of Physiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Margaret Phillips, Ph.D. (NAS), The Sam G. Winstead and F. Andrew Bell Distinguished Chair in Biochemistry and Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Department of Pharmacology UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Jonathan Sessler, Ph.D. (NAS),P. Doherty Jr. – Welch Regents Chair in Chemistry and Professor, Department of Chemistry, The University of Texas at Austin
The Royal Academy of Engineering: