Save the Date: 2020 Annual Conference
TAMEST invites you to join us for the TAMEST 2020 Annual Conference: Innovating Texas, January 7-9, 2020, at the Fairmont Dallas hotel. This event will explore how basic research leads to new technologies, products and companies and showcase avenues to commercialization for researchers across an array of disciplines.
National Academy of Sciences Elects Texan from Baylor College of Medicine
TAMEST welcomes David Moore, Ph.D., to our organization who was recently elected to the National Academy of Sciences. Dr. Moore is professor of molecular and cellular biology, medicine and molecular and human genetics at Baylor College of Medicine.
National Academy of Engineering Elects 4 Texas Members
TAMEST is pleased to welcome several new members to our organization who were recently elected to the National Academy of Engineering:
- Dereje Agonafer, Ph.D., Jenkins Garrett Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Yassin A. Hassan, Ph.D., Sallie & Don Davis ’61 Professor in Engineering, Department of Nuclear Engineering and the J. Mike Walker ’66 Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Mary Pat Moyer, Ph.D., Founder, CEO and Chief Science Officer, INCELL Corp. LLC, San Antonio
- Wanda A. Sigur, Retired Vice President and Deputy General Manager, Civil Space, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Seabrook, Texas
2019 TAMEST Conference on Neuroscience: Photos and Videos Now Available
Photos and videos are now available from the TAMEST 2019 Annual Conference: Neuroscience and Brain Health, where some of the top minds in Texas and the nation explored the groundbreaking research that could lead to advances in neuroscience and better brain health.
New TAMEST Members Welcomed at Annual Conference
In 2018, TAMEST welcomed 22 new members, bringing our total number of members to 305. Of these new members, 11 were elected to the National Academies in 2018, and 11 became members as a result of their relocation to Texas. In addition, two former members of TAMEST moved back to Texas in 2018.
TAMEST officially welcomed its new members at the opening reception of our annual conference on January 14, 2019.
Amelie Ramirez Elected President and David Daniel Elected Vice President of TAMEST Board of Directors
The TAMEST Board of Directors has elected Amelie G. Ramirez, Dr.P.H., Professor and Interim Chair of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Director of the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio, to serve as President of the Board for a two-year term. Dr. Ramirez is a member of the National Academy of Medicine.
2019 O’Donnell Awards
TAMEST is pleased to introduce the recipients of the 2019 Edith and Peter O’Donnell Awards:
- Medicine: Ralph DeBerardinis, M.D., Ph.D., Children’s Medical Center Research Institute at UT Southwestern
- Engineering: Hal S. Alper, Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- Science: Julie Pfeiffer, Ph.D., UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Technology Innovation: Terrence F. Alger II, Ph.D., Southwest Research Institute