Why It Matters
Texas is home to groundbreaking research. Through the commitment and generosity of supporters like you, TAMEST is able to expand Texas’ reputation as a national leader in medicine, engineering and science and help advance the next generation of researchers.
This work matters. Your support of TAMEST allows us to continue to elevate our events, award programs and research initiatives and increase our reach as Texas’ premier scientific organization. Thank you for helping us make a difference and ensuring a brighter future for Texas, and the world. Contribute today.
Ways to Support TAMEST
Financial contributions help TAMEST provide the leadership, information and programs required to solidify Texas’ place in the 21st century.
- Annual Giving: Unrestricted gifts provide supplemental revenue for enhancements to TAMEST programs and for funding new initiatives. Donate to the TAMEST Annual Fund Campaign.
- Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund: Mary Beth Maddox served as executive director of TAMEST from 2013 until her passing on August 24, 2018. The TAMEST Board of Directors created the Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund to honor and remember her. The fund was established to support projects and initiatives that advance the ideals, vision and mission of the organization. Donate to the Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund.
- TAMEST Endowment: Donations made to the TAMEST Endowment help provide a financial foundation that allow us to execute larger initiatives that have a greater impact in promoting science and technology in the state. Donate to the TAMEST Endowment.
- Planned Giving: A planned gift from your estate makes a lasting impression on TAMEST’s ability to support science and technology and ensures that Texas remains an important destination and center of achievement for future generations of Texas scientists and researchers. Making a charitable donation from your estate or financial plan allows you to make a gift now or after your lifetime while enjoying financial benefits for yourself and your loved ones. For more information on leaving a lasting legacy, please contact the TAMEST office at (512) 471-3823.
- Employer Matching Gift Programs: Many companies match the gifts of their employees or retirees made to TAMEST. If your company has a matching gift program, please contact your human resources department for matching gift forms to be submitted with your gift.
Your gift is tax deductible. TAMEST is a 501(c)(3) organization, and all contributions are tax deductible.
TAMEST Endowment, Annual Fund and Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund Donors
TAMEST thanks the following individuals and organizations for their contributions to the TAMEST Endowment and Annual Fund Campaign and Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund:
TAMEST Endowment Fund
Established in 2006 with a gift from the late Dr. Michael E. DeBakey, the TAMEST Endowment Fund provides long-term support to expand current programs and launch new initiatives to advance the organization’s goals. Endowment gifts are restricted to the fund which provides periodic distributions of earnings to provide operational and program support in perpetuity.
Founders of the Endowment
Energy Future Holdings
Edith and Peter O’Donnell
The USAA Foundation
The Eugene McDermott Foundation
TAMEST Annual Fund
The Annual Fund Campaign provides an opportunity for members and friends to support TAMEST through unrestricted gifts that provide supplemental financial resources that will be used to enhance current programs and develop new initiatives.
(2018 and 2019 contributors as of 1/11/2019)
H. Norman Abramson
Arthur L. Beaudet
David E. Daniel
George J. Hirasaki
Lydia E. Kavraki
Jeff L. Kodosky
Dr. Brendan and Maria Lee
David M. Lee, Trustee; Marvin & Annette Lee Foundation
Bettie Sue Masters
Antonios G. Mikos
William H. Press and Jeffery Howell Fund
Amelie G. Ramirez, Dr.P.H.
George L. Stegemeier
Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund
Mary Beth Maddox served as executive director of TAMEST from 2013 until her passing on August 24, 2018. The TAMEST Board of Directors created the Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund to honor and remember her. The fund was established to support projects and initiatives that advance the ideals, vision and mission of the organization.
(Contributors as of 1/11/2019)
H. Norman Abramson in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Anonymous (3) in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Ruth and Kenneth Arnold in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Melanie H. Cobb in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Rebecca Nelson Davis in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Mr. Gordon Richard England and Mrs. Dorothy Hennlein England in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Dr. Brendan and Maria Lee in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Tim Nedwed in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
David W. Russell in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Kurt W Swogger in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
The Cynthia & George Mitchell Foundation in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Sharon L. Wood in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Michael Young in honor of Mary Beth Maddox