Why It Matters
Texas is home to groundbreaking research. Through the commitment and generosity of supporters like you, TAMEST is able to expand Texas’ reputation as a national leader in medicine, engineering and science and help advance the next generation of researchers.
This work matters. Your support of TAMEST allows us to continue to elevate our events, award programs and research initiatives and increase our reach as Texas’ premier scientific organization. Thank you for helping us make a difference and ensuring a brighter future for Texas, and the world. Contribute today.
Ways to Support TAMEST
Financial contributions help TAMEST provide the leadership, information and programs required to solidify Texas’ place in the 21st century.
- Annual Giving: Unrestricted gifts provide supplemental revenue for enhancements to TAMEST programs and for funding new initiatives. Donate to the TAMEST Annual Fund Campaign.
- Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund: Mary Beth Maddox served as executive director of TAMEST from 2013 until her passing on August 24, 2018. The TAMEST Board of Directors created the Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund to honor and remember her. The fund was established to support projects and initiatives that advance the ideals, vision and mission of the organization. Donate to the Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund.
- TAMEST Endowment: Donations made to the TAMEST Endowment help provide a financial foundation that allow us to execute larger initiatives that have a greater impact in promoting science and technology in the state. Donate to the TAMEST Endowment.
- Planned Giving: A planned gift from your estate makes a lasting impression on TAMEST’s ability to support science and technology and ensures that Texas remains an important destination and center of achievement for future generations of Texas scientists and researchers. Making a charitable donation from your estate or financial plan allows you to make a gift now or after your lifetime while enjoying financial benefits for yourself and your loved ones. For more information on leaving a lasting legacy, please contact the TAMEST office at (512) 471-3823.
- Employer Matching Gift Programs: Many companies match the gifts of their employees or retirees made to TAMEST. If your company has a matching gift program, please contact your human resources department for matching gift forms to be submitted with your gift.
Your gift is tax deductible. TAMEST is a 501(c)(3) organization, and all contributions are tax deductible.
TAMEST Endowment, Annual Fund and Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund Donors
TAMEST thanks the following individuals and organizations for their contributions to the TAMEST Endowment and Annual Fund Campaign and Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund:
TAMEST Endowment Fund
Established in 2006 with a gift from the late Dr. Michael E. DeBakey, the TAMEST Endowment Fund provides long-term support to expand current programs and launch new initiatives to advance the organization’s goals. Endowment gifts are restricted to the fund which provides periodic distributions of earnings to provide operational and program support in perpetuity.
Founders of the Endowment
Energy Future Holdings
Edith and Peter O’Donnell
The USAA Foundation
The Eugene McDermott Foundation
Rebecca Nelson Davis
TAMEST Annual Fund
The Annual Fund Campaign provides an opportunity for members and friends to support TAMEST through unrestricted gifts that provide supplemental financial resources that will be used to enhance current programs and develop new initiatives.
2019–2020 Contributors (as of 4/23/2020)
H. Norman Abramson
Dr. Robert F. Curl
David E. Daniel
Peter and Ann Hotez
Lydia Kavraki and Antonios Mikos
Dr. Brendan and Maria Lee
Kishor C. Mehta
David J. Meltzer
Thomas K. Perkins
Helen & David Piwnica-Worms
Randall W. Poston, Ph.D.
William H. Press & Jeffrey Howell
Amelie G. Ramirez, DrPH
Ann Beal Salamone
Kenneth H. Stokoe II
Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund
Mary Beth Maddox served as executive director of TAMEST from 2013 until her passing on August 24, 2018. The TAMEST Board of Directors created the Mary Beth Maddox Excellence Fund to honor and remember her. The fund was established to support projects and initiatives that advance the ideals, vision and mission of the organization.
2019–2020 Contributors (as of 4/23/20)
H. Norman Abramson in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Anonymous in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Melanie H. Cobb
Fernando A. Guerra, M.D.
Alan Needleman in honor of Idelle Abramson
Amelie G. Ramirez, Dr.P.H. in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
Texas Instruments Inc. in honor of Mary Beth Maddox
The University of Texas System in honor of Mary Beth Maddox