About the TAMEST 2021 Annual Conference: Forward Texas—Community Health and Well-Being
What can our science and research community tell us now in order to help these communities thrive in the future? Join us at the TAMEST 2021 Annual Conference—Forward Texas: Community Health and Well-Being—January 12–14, 2021, at The Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas, as we convene the best and brightest minds in the state to explore opportunities to address our problems facing us today and build the healthy, prosperous communities of tomorrow.
- Identify vital needs of Texas communities in order to be healthy and successful
- Assess areas where state is falling behind or inadequately planning for the future
- Provide scientific perspective on best paths to address our problem areas and build healthy communities of tomorrow
The TAMEST Annual Conference is open to all in the research community.
Program Chair and Committee
Nancy W. Dickey, M.D. (NAM)
Texas A&M Health Science Center
Program Committee Members
- Ellen R. Gritz, Ph.D., Professor and Chair of the Department of Behavioral Science, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Adam L. Hamilton, P.E., President and CEO, Southwest Research Institute
- Carlos Roberto Jaén, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.A.F.P. (NAM), Professor and Chair of the Department of Family and Community Medicine, UT Health San Antonio
- A. Ray Pentecost, DrPH, Ronald L. Skaggs and Joseph G. Sprague Chair of Health Facilities Design; Director, Center for Health Systems & Design, Texas A&M University
- C. Michael Walton, Ph.D. (NAE), Ernest H. Cockrell Centennial Chair in Engineering, Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Honorary Chair: Amelie G. Ramirez, DrPH (NAM), TAMEST President; UT Health San Antonio
TAMEST’s unique interdisciplinary model has become an effective recruitment tool for top research and development centers across Texas. Since our founding, more than 224 TAMEST members have been inducted into the National Academies or relocated to Texas.