2020 Annual Conference Poster Challenge
A statewide poster challenge will take place on during the TAMEST 2020 Annual Conference at the Fairmont Dallas hotel. The Innovating Texas Poster Challenge is for those who are involved in an innovative project working to create a product or technology that is being pursued commercially and has potential for positive impact. Posters will be available for viewing on January 8, and selected finalists will be presenting their innovations to conference attendees on January 9 during the general session. Note: the deadline for poster submissions has passed.
Poster Challenge Requirements
Poster Challenge Overview
All confirmed poster challenge participants will be invited to TAMEST’s 2020 Annual Conference at the Fairmont hotel in Dallas, Texas, and will receive complimentary conference registration ($750 value), which includes:
- All sessions and meals during the conference
- Invitation to the opening reception on January 7, 2020, at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science
- Invitation to the Edith and Peter O’Donnell Awards Dinner on January 8, 2020 (the marquis event during the TAMEST conference, which recognizes rising stars in medicine, engineering, science and technology innovation)
- Opportunity to showcase their research and innovation to more than 200 research and industry leaders during the poster session challenge on January 8, 2020
Each poster displayed will be evaluated by several judges during the TAMEST conference. Posters will be judged on the following criteria (these four primary elements should be included in each participant’s poster):
- Product and/or Technology Description and Value Proposition
- Potential Impact on U.S. Economy
- Commercial Impact
- Innovator/Team Information Including Timeline/History of Product or Technology Development
In addition to complimentary conference registration, conference meals and special event invitations, up to six selected finalists (three from academia and three from industry) will also receive:
- Dedicated time during an exclusive breakfast session with Nobel Laureates
- Networking opportunities with successful entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, business development experts and distinguished leaders of the Texas research and business community
- Time allocated for “pitch” to the TAMEST conference audience (a three- to five-minute presentation on January 9, 2020)
- Post-event publicity and a recognition certificate
The deadline for entries to be received by TAMEST is November 29, 2019.
For questions, please contact TAMEST at 512-471-3823 or email@example.com.