2020 Annual Conference: Innovating Texas
Photos and videos are now available from the TAMEST 2020 Annual Conference: Innovating Texas, which explored how basic research leads to new technologies, products and companies and showcased avenues to commercialization for researchers across an array of disciplines. The program featured success stories from some of Texas’ greatest entrepreneurs and inventors and looked at astounding research and technology developments happening now that will impact our lives and economy in the future.
The Honorable Andrei Iancu
Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director
United States Patent and Trademark Office
H. Ross Perot Jr.
Peter WT Pisters, M.D.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
True Wealth Ventures
Scott D. Sheffield
President and CEO
Pioneer Natural Resources
Richard K. Templeton
Chairman, President and CEO
Huda Y. Zoghbi, M.D. (NAM, NAS)
Professor, Baylor College of Medicine
Director, Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute
Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Innovating Texas Poster Challenge
A statewide poster challenge took place during the TAMEST 2020 Annual Conference at the Fairmont Dallas hotel. The Innovating Texas Poster Challenge was for those who are involved in an innovative project working to create a product or technology that is being pursued commercially and has potential for positive impact. Posters were available for viewing on January 8, and selected finalists presented their innovations to conference attendees on January 9 during the general session. Note: the deadline for poster submissions has passed.
Program Chair and Committee
Bob Metcalfe, Ph.D. (NAE)
Professor of Innovation, Cockrell School of Engineering
Murchison Fellow of Free Enterprise
The University of Texas at Austin
Program Committee Members
- Claire Aldridge, Ph.D., Associate Vice President, Commercialization and Business Development, Office of Institutional Advancement, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- David E. Daniel, Ph.D. (NAE), President Emeritus, The University of Texas at Dallas
- M. Cynthia Hipwell, Ph.D. (NAE), Texas A&M University
- Larry Peterson, Texas Foundation for Innovative Communities
- Ann Beal Salamone (NAE), Rochal Industries LLC
- Honorary Chair: The Honorable Gordon R. England (NAE), TAMEST 2019 Past President