TAMEST Welcomes Five Texans Elected to the National Academy of Sciences in 2023
TAMEST is proud to welcome three new members and two current members elected to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) in 2023. The five were among the 120 members and 23 international members elected in recognition of their distinguished and continuing achievements in original research.
The new cohort of NAS members brings our TAMEST membership to 340 members.
Meet our new NAS Members:
· Russell A. DeBose-Boyd, Ph.D. (NAS), Beatrice and Miguel Elias Distinguished Professor, Department of Molecular Genetics, UT Southwestern Medical Center
· Cameron M. Gordon, Ph.D. (NAS), Professor, Department of Mathematics, The University of Texas at Austin
· Duojia Pan, Ph.D. (NAS), Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute; and Professor and Department Chair of Physiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center
· TAMEST Board Secretary Helen M. Piwnica-Worms, Ph.D. (NAM, NAS), Professor of Cancer Biology and Experimental Radiation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
· TAMEST Member Richard D. Wood, Ph.D. (NAS, FRS), J. Ralph Meadows Chair in Carcinogenesis Research and Professor, Department of Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
TAMEST will welcome these and other new members at the opening reception of our 2024 TAMEST Annual Conference on February 5, 2024, in Austin, Texas.