National Academy of Engineering Elects 8 Texans
TAMEST congratulates the following Texas-based members recently elected to the National Academy of Engineering:
- Pedro J.J. Alvarez, Ph.D., George R. Brown Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Rice University
- Chun Huh, Ph.D., Research Professor, Hildebrand Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Brian Korgel, Ph.D., Edward S. Hyman Endowed Chair in Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Jayadev Misra, Ph.D., Schlumberger Centennial Chair Emeritus in Computer Science
University, Distinguished Teaching Professor Emeritus, The University of Texas at Austin
- Oliver C. Mullins, Ph.D., Science Advisor and Fellow, Schlumberger
- Mukul M. Sharma, Ph.D., Professor and “Tex” Moncrief Chair, Department of Petroleum, Geosystems and Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Chanan Singh, Ph.D., Regents Professor, Irma Runyon Chair Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Lisa Su, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
TAMEST also welcomes the following new members to Texas:
- Mark A. Barteau, Ph.D., Vice President for Research, Texas A&M University
- Ronald A. Rohrer, Ph.D., Cecil & Ida Green Chair and Professor of Engineering, Southern Methodist University
These Texas-based members of the National Academy of Engineering will be recognized as new TAMEST members at our annual conference in 2019.