Part II of the TAMEST Natural Hazards Summit will take place on May 16, 2022 at Texas Tech University’s International Cultural Center. Additionally, there will be an open house at the National Wind Institute’s Reese Technology Center as well as a Welcome Reception the evening before on Sunday, May 15, 2022:
Find the tentative schedule below:
Sunday, May 15, 2022
4:45 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Participants to load complimentary TAMEST shuttle at the Overton Hotel
- Travel to Reese Technology Center for National Wind Institute Open House (directions below for those who wish to drive)*
- The Host is Dr. Anna Elizabeth Thomas
5:20 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Arrive at Reese Technology Center
- Tour of National Wind Institute Facilities in Bldg. 250 Mesonet Overview with Wes Burgett presentation, Room 112
5:30 p.m.–5:50 p.m.
- Ka-band Radars & Sticknet Discussion with Dr. John Schroeder
5:50 p.m.–6:05 p.m.
- Debris Impact Facility Tour with Assistant Director of Operations Jeff Livingston & Research Russell Carter
6:10 p.m.–6:25 p.m.
- Overview and demonstration of VorTECH tornado simulator (will also discuss wind tunnel) with Dr. Delong Zou
6:25 p.m.–6:35 p.m.
- Travel 67-acre field site to view Scaled Wind Farm Technology Facility (SWiFT)
6:35 p.m.–6:45 p.m.
- SWiFT Discussion with Johnny Luevano & Miguel Hernandez
- Shuttle will take participants back to Overton Hotel for networking reception
7:00 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Networking Reception at The Overton Hotel & Conference Center
See the full agenda for Part II here.
*Transportation to Reese Technology Center (Building 250), 1103 Fillmore Drive, Lubbock, TX 79416, will be provided by TAMEST via complimentary shuttle.
For those who wish to drive, please follow the directions below:
Take 4th Street West until it dead ends into Research Blvd.
Take a right on Research Blvd.
Enter Reese Technology Center through the main gate on your left.
Take the first left onto Gilbert and follow Gilbert for about 3/4ths of a mile
Take a right onto 11th St
Please park in the parking lot of Garfield and 11th across from Buildings 250 and 350.